LeRoy Historical Society

surpassed those collected in nearby Batavia and were more than double the amount collected at the post office in Canandaigua, yet both Batavia and Canandaigua had federal buildings and LeRoy still rented office space. In June 1928, the Congressional Committee of Allocations asked that a deed to the property owned by Ernest Woodward be procured.In February 1929 $100,000 (continued frompage 2) (continued on page 5) The actual location of the post office changed several times. For nearly 40 years, the post office was in the Lampson Block on the north side of Main Street. (There were several fires in the Lampson Block and it was torn down. ) The post office moved to the south side of Main Street and for a few years in the 1920’s was located in the Eagle Hotel. Daniel B. Clark; Frank Curtis; George F. Elling- ham. Seated in front Roy Houston

RkJQdWJsaXNoZXIy MTQ2MjM=